It is believed that a face mask and face shield can help a lot in stopping the spread of covid-19 in the country. People have to be extra conscious about stepping out with a mask. The citizens are advised to keep sanitising their hands every few minutes so that if any virus germ sticks to the hands, it gets killed, and it does not enter the body. The LHM Medical experts believe that wearing a certified mask with protection layers will help stop the spread of covid-19.
Types of face masks
The masks are of a different type:
- N95: These masks are specially made with protective layers and are a type of respirator masks. It is said that this mask filters both big and small particles that enter the mouth and nose of a person. These masks need special test qualification as they are very technical and makes breathing heavy after some time.
- Cloth masks: These masks offer minimal protection as they are randomly stitched pieces of cloth made for fashionable purposes. This type of mask is used by people looking forward to matching the colour of their outfit with the mask’s colour, generally seen in the wedding where the bride matches her dress with her mask to look fancy. It is advised not to wear such masks when a person is going for a gathering event or at the grocery store because it will not hold the virus longer, and eventually, it will enter the body.
- Surgical mask: These masks are procedure face masks with earloops that are believed to offer maximum protection from the virus. They are made from three layers of protection which filters the air up to 99 percentage preventing the covid-19 virus from entering the body. The government body and medical councils advise people to start using these masks to protect them from unnecessary harm.
Measures to be taken for cleaning the mask
People cannot wear the same mask for a long time because they also have an expiry period, unlike other medical products. How a person can take care are as follows:
- If the face mask becomes dirty or loose, the person is advised to throw it away immediately.
- A person should wash the face mask after every use and not use it more than four to five times. Using the same face mask and keep washing it makes it unusable after four to five washes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before wearing the mask and after removing the mask.
- The mask should always be kept with safety in a dry place, away from dust and dirt.
The medical department is making a lot of progress and making people aware of the benefits of using face masks and face shields.