Do you have droopy and tired-looking eyes? If you have tired-looking and droopy eyes, it’s impossible to look alert and fresh. In some cases however, those unsightly eye bags (hilangkan kantung mata) can definitely contribute to the condition. Moreover, eye bags can also make you look tense and stressed.
If you want to get rid of those unsightly eye bags and dark circles (hilangkan kantung mata), you’d be delighted to know there are several ways available to achieve said objective. For starters:
- Go potato: Slice a raw potato (after a few minutes of cooling) into two slices and gently place a slice on each eye. Leave on the eyes for 15-20 minutes. Make sure the puffy sections are covered as well. After the treatment, many report seeing a huge difference in terms of eye bag size.
- Milky way: This is the usual remedy recommended for those with puffy eyes and dark under eye circles. Prepare chilled milk and use cotton to absorb milk. As soon as chilled milk has been absorbed, place cotton pads on the eyelids for 20 to 30 minutes. This remedy will not only keep the skin of the eyes moisturised, it will also cool them off as well.
- Super-O or rather, oil is on the way: Prepare chilled water and pour it in a container. Add a few drops of vitamin E oil and combine the two together. Dip 2 cotton pads in the mixture and leave them on top of your closed eyes for 20 minutes. This mixture has been known to dramatically reduce any swelling around the eyes.
- Cucumber relief: Cucumbers are considered a fantastic (and effective!) natural remedy for those who want to get rid of under eye puffiness. To use cucumber, take 2 slices of freshly cooled cucumber and place on the eyes for at least 25 minutes.
You can also take a quick nap while you’re at it. This treatment has been known to soothe both the eyes and the mind. What’s even better is the cucumber’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce those puffy eye tissues significantly.
- Chilled tea bags: If you’re always on the go and would like to look fresh, using chilled tea bags is a good idea. Place 2 tea bags in the freezer and place them on the eyes for 25 to 30 minutes.
While lying down, you can also take a nap so you will wake up refreshed. Using cold water, wash your face after and you will not only achieve smooth skin, you’ll also feel and look rejuvenated as well.
- Spoon and iced water: Another way to improve eye puffiness is using iced water and stainless steel spoons. After chilling, place one spoon over each eye. Continue to move the spoons while allowing the other spoons to cool in the water glass. Continue switching until you notice remarkable improvements.
- Egg whites: Rigidly beat a few white eggs and apply on the eyes using a brush. The egg whites will not only tighten the skin, it will also make the area around the eyes look more compact and less puffy. Leave the egg whites on the eyes for at least 20 minutes. Rinse face with cold water right after.
- Green tea bag: Sit green tea or chamomile tea bags on each eye. Leave the tea bags on the eye for at least 10 to 15 minutes and relax. The natural properties found in green teas can help reduce puffy eyes and make them look less stressed.
- That’s right, hydrate your body: If you want to keep skin smooth and supple, including the eyes, be mindful of your water intake. Since there is a tendency to sometimes retain water, this may seem counterintuitive. However, when skin is properly dehydrated, puffiness can also decrease significantly.