Straightening the teeth can improve dental health and self-confidence. It can also prevent further dental issues from happening. Experts have discussed how Clear aligners can be beneficial to a person and the different treatment options available today. Poor dental health may lead to some other problems in the body.
But, if you strengthen the teeth, you could end up having both physical and emotional health. Plus, it boosts dental health.
Dental health and teeth straightening issues
Misaligned or crooked teeth don’t simply affect the smile, they can also negatively affect both the dental and overall health of a person. Potential problems may include:
- Increases the risk of tooth injury
- Increases the risk of tooth decay
- Decreases health of joint and jawbones problems
- Difficulty eating food
Many people don’t seek treatment when dealing with teeth straightening problems. As much as possible, these people don’t want to commit any teeth straightening procedures. Instead, they point out that braces are a very safe treatment option. Also, there are several modern and safe orthodontic treatments available today.
Orthodontic treatment for straightening the teeth can be a safe procedure when done properly. There are also a lot of benefits of teeth straightening or invisible teeth aligners.
Teeth straightening methods available
There are several teeth straightening options to choose from for misaligned teeth. All the teeth straightening methods are good, and it depends on which one you commit to. Here are the three popular teeth straightening methods to choose from:
- Braces. It is the top choice because it is the traditional one. It uses ceramic or metal brackets glued to the teeth, which are connected to wires. The work of the wires is to gradually shift the teeth to fix alignment issues. Both children and adults can use braces for a maximum of 2 years.
- Clear or invisible aligners. These are tight-fitting custom mouthpieces fitted over the teeth. The orthodontist may prescribe the device for teens and adults. These devices are removable and are very safe to use and not painful.
- Enamel shaping. It is an easy and quick treatment used to align slightly or uneven or crowded teeth. It is combined with other dental procedures, such as veneers that have instant results. Being an instant teeth straightening method, expect that this is expensive.
To have a beautiful smile, white teeth is not enough. To have aligned and white teeth is a total package of having a beautiful smile.