Dr. QM Leong and his team perform general surgeries and complex surgical procedures on patients. In general surgery, surgical procedures are performed on other parts of the human body along with the colon, liver, gallbladder, and stomach. The doctors will diagnose and identify the condition and provide the optimal treatment at the earliest.
Types of complex surgical procedures performed at the clinic
- Colorectal cancer- It is the cancer of the colon( large intestine), or rectum, in people above the age of 50.
- Hemorrhoids- It is also known as piles, and in this condition, the blood vessels swell up inside the rectum and anus of a person. It can cause discomfort and bleeding and can become severe, so get the diagnosis as soon as possible.
- Gallstones- It occurs due to the imbalance of chemicals inside the gallbladder.
- Peptic ulcer disease and gastritis- This is a digestive problem that has common symptoms of vomiting and burning sensation inside the person’s body.
- Anal fistulas- It is also known as perianal abscesses and in this condition a small tunnel forms between the rectum and the skin near the anus.
- Anal fissures- In this condition, there is a small tear in the anal canal lining.
- Hernias- In this condition, any part of the body pushes up or swells against the weak muscle wall.
- Skin lumps- This condition is known as Lipoma and Sebaceous or epidermal cysts.
- Colonoscopy screening for colorectal cancer- On this, the same day colonoscopy is done for colorectal cancer in the colon and rectum.
- Diverticular disease- These are the small bulges that develop in the lining of the large intestine or colon with your age.
- Constipation- This occurs due to a change in bowel habits. In this, the color, consistency, and stool duration change, and the person can struggle with stools which may cause a tear in the muscles. It can cause serious concern, so early diagnosis and treatment are essential.
Some of the common procedures Dr. Leong performs are as follows.
- Anal fistula surgery and lateral sphincterotomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Gastroscopy(OGD)and Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Open and Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Excision of Skin Lumps and Abscesses and Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
People with colorectal conditions are increasing at an alarming rate, and they need the best diagnosis and treatment to get better. Get the best colon doctor in Singapore from Advanced Colorectal and General Surgery immediately. Click here. for further details on Dr. Leong and his clinic.