In order to avoid a situation when you do not know what to do to save life of a person who is suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest, it is good for you to enclose yourself in a CPR course. You do not need to go anywhere to learn this technique, as with the internet connection, you will be able to learn to perform CPR right from your home.
Thus you can save the cost that you need to spend on travelling there and also there are even courses for AED certification online, to make use of. Though they both can be taught in a single class, they are not same and they are two different programs with different procedures. If you are in need to learn CPR technique, this article will help you by providing steps to do it.
- The first step that you need to do when there is a person who has a sudden cardiac arrest is calling for emergency help or someone else, who can help the victim to come out of danger.
- In next step, you need to open the airways of the person by laying him on his back. In this step, you have to ensure that is there something that is blocking the airway by tilting his head back slightly. If it is easy to remove the blockage, then you have to push it to move away from the airway.
- After that you have to analyze whether he is breathing by placing your ear near his mouth and listen whether he is breathing or not. If he is not breathing or occasionally gasping, then you need to start performing CPR. When a person is breathing but unconscious, CPR is not necessary.
- Then, place your hand on the lower breastbone of the victim in middle of his chest and place another hand above the first hand and make your fingers to interlock. Then you have to press down on his chest at least 2 inches deep. You need to do the compression for 100 times per minute and pressing down and releasing is a compression.
- In this step, you need to perform rescue breaths and for you have to close his nose and place your mouth over his mouth and blow for making their chest to rise. Repeat giving 30 compressions and 2 rescue breaths until the starts breathing or medical arrives.
Hope this article would have helped you to know performing CPR, so when you learn to perform this technique on the internet, you can get proper certification.