As a human body’s primary source of energy and for right functions from muscle to brain, dietary carbs play a significant role in nutrition. Simple carbs (mono-saccharides and di-saccharides or refined carbohydrates, example: white bread, pastries, baked food stuffs et al) get easily digested, release sugar in a while but result in energy disposal on both high and low level. Complex carbs (bonded simple sugars, example: oats, barley, brown rice, rye et al)basically reduce the tendency of getting fatigue and faster hungriness, but are of good source for nutrients and fibre.
Leaving the habit consuming bulk carbohydrates, low carb diets is an ideal one to force the human body to burn fat as the prime energy source, hence the lower risks for fatal diseases. Low carb diet meal plan helps reducing the body’s insulin production, and resulting in fat and protein to use as its prime energy.
What to cut down?
Increase the amount of protein and fat level in your body by practically cutting down all the big carbohydrates food stuffs such as white rice, breads, pastas, et al.
Will low carb diet really help?
Having a blind concept of in-taking more fat and cutting down fat in regular meals for to put on weight and to lose weight respectively is utterly zero result. Consuming regular low carb diet helps losing weight from loss of water and muscle tissue. A gradual decrease in the muscle tissue will automatically lead to decrease the number of calories that help to maintain a prompt weight and can stay healthy.
Basic guide to follow
- Low Carb diet foods
To eat: Eggs, fish, meat, green vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds, full fat dairy products, fatty foods stuffs, oils (sesame, olive), tubers, legumes and grains (zero gluten content).
On a balanced level, you can consume dark chocolates (with equal to or more than 70% cocoa) and dry wines (with zero added sugar and carbs).
Drink minimum 8 glasses of water, 2 cups of coffee per day or 2 cups of tea per day, at times can consume carbonated soda with zero artificial sweeteners.
Not to eat: HFCS, wheat, highly processed foods and:
- Sugar: Aerated drinks, preserved juices, candy, ice creams
- Gluten Grains: Wheat, spelt, rye, barley, baked food stuffs such as breads and pasta
- Trans Fats: Hydrogenatedoils and partially hydrogenated oils
- Omega 6 rich seeds and vegetable oils: Ground nut oil, coconut oil, soyabean, cottonseed oil, linseed oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, corn oil, palm oil, canola oil and any other refined oils
- Artificial Sweeteners: Acesulfame potassium, Aspartame, Cyclamates and Sucralose
- Less fat products: Preserved dairy products, wafers, cereals, et al
- Low carb diet snacks
Try following only three meals for a day, yet you feel hunger in between your meals, find the below appending healthy snack lists with low carbs to chew up:
- A cup of any seasonal fruit
- An half cup yogurt (full fat)
- One fully boiled egg
- Baby carrots or baby corns (3 numbers)
- One cup of nuts
- Day out for food
Are you on an outing? Find the below appending lines as your guide to fill you up at restaurants/hotels.
- Try meat-based or fish-based food as main course
- Go for fry food which is completely prepared in pure butter
- Instead of potato fries or rice, have vegetables
Rules to shop
Try following the golden rules to buy whole foods at the store, but to stick on low carb level. In general, organic foods are healthy, in particular grass-fed foods provide good nutrition supplement. Even though you are not able to find organic, try picking low carb stuffs for better stay. In recent days of modern world, ability is higher to find frozen and preserved rather than naturally available. Therefore you can try shopping choosy on the available stuffs and it is always advisable to shop lesser to meet your regular usage, instead of refrigerating.
- Meat (lamb, chicken, bacon, beef et al)
- Fish (all kinds fishes rich in fat, say for salmon)
- Eggs (pastured eggs, omega 3 enriched, country eggs)
- Coconut Oil (Virgin only)
- Olive Oil
- Heavy or sour cream
- Full fat Yogurt (zero sweetened)
- Salsa Sauce
- Garden-fresh vegetables: fresh greens, bell peppers, onions, green veggies et al
- Frozen vegetables: carrots, beets, root kinds, broccoli, gourd kinds et al
- Condiments: mustard, cumin, pepper, dead-sea salt, garlic, et al
It is not something that is sculpted, but all with practice which makes man. And so it is very important to keep yourself controlled over in following only low carb diet without skipping to rich carb foods even for one day. Before charting yourself for low carb diet meal plan, clear off your pantry and bid bye to rich carbohydrates say for fried chips, baked and baking stuffs, ice creams, preserved juices et al.